Yes, We are Still Alive

Yes we are still alive…thought I had better check in here before y’all started sending out the tracker dogs to find us.  Here is a small recap of what we have been doing ~ told in reporter format 🙂

~ Ali had her scheduled eye surgery on 7/11 – all went well and she returned to work on Thursday of that week.  She has one more follow up appointment and then will get her new glasses.  She is just amazed at how bright things are, how things are clearer and the headaches seem to be gone.

~ Max arrived on 7/16 and we were very busy.  7/16 & 17 we were in San Antonio, went to the Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Guinness Book of World Records, the Wax Museum and Grandpa & Max went in the haunted house.  We went swimming and ate dinner at Chili’s.*

~ the first week Max was here we went to bingo, went to Bill & Rosa’s for dinner, did laundry one night; the next weekend we went camping in Bandera, attended the rodeo, went to Flying L Ranch water park (Grandma got sunburned), went to OST (Old Settler Trail restaurant), went to Brick’s cafe, went swimming;

~ in between we celebrated Grandpa’s birthday with cake and laughter at Social Hour AFTER Grandma made a quick trip to the ER taking Grandpa who decided the way to get out of workk for a few days was to cut his hand with a light fixture while working in the clubhouse kitchen with Jared.  Grandpa is fine though his ego is a bit bruised for the accident happening even though we all have told him it was an accident.

~ the last weekend Max was here we went swimming, went to the Snake Farm, the Wild Life Ranch, swimming and met new RV friends & shared a delightful dinner.  And then we got up at 3 a.m. to get to the airport and get Max on that 6:00 a.m.  flight and then two very tired grandparents went back to the hotel and took a much needed nap.*

And then last weekend we went to San Antonio so Ron could fly to Lewiston on Sunday morning.  On Saturday we went swimming, took a nap, had appetizers and then went out to dinner at the Texas Land & Cattle Restaurant.  And on Sunday Alice drove back to D’Hanis and the campground.  Other than driving to the previously mentioned ER, Alice had not done any driving since early April.  She arrived safely back at the campground.

~ Monday Alice started a new project ~ painting the bathroom in the motor home.  Before and during pictures have been taken.  After pictures will also be taken and posted at a later date.  All she is asking if anyone, and she means anyone, hears her talking about another painting job remind her that she does not like to paint!!!*

~ the other thing Alice has been doing is writing posts for Alice’s Restaurant ~ Dishin’ Up Food for Thought.  Check it out here to see what has been on her heart and mind the last few days.  There will probably be 7 or 8 posts in this series of posts.

Guests that’s all for now.  I have made a commitment to write at least one blog post a day either here on Wandering Workentins or at Alice’s Restaurant.  Thanks for being patient with me as I got my head wrapped around a few things.

* More detailed posts with pictures to follow.

1 thought on “Yes, We are Still Alive”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.