What a beautiful day I had today!
God is so good and blesses in so many ways. I had lots of things on my schedule to do today and was wondering how it would end.
1. Doctor appointment in Bellingham ~ drove 29 miles to doctor’s appointment, got there and it was canceled. No problem, had to drive to Bellingham anyway to go to Costco.
2. Went to Costco ~ in and out in 15 minutes! A new record I am sure.
3. Worked at Northwood ~ did the attendance, answered phone messages, readied the bulletins from Sunday to go out in the mail.
4. Went to the post office and then dropped off a suitcase at a friend’s. Thanks Amanda for letting me borrow it.
5. Worked on my story for two hours. Started a class at Whatcom Community College “Memoirs: Where Memory and Story Meet” on Monday nights. This week’s homework is “The Day I was Born” and so I did some research on the internet and found out I need to go to my library to try to get information from San Francisco ~ go figure! Guess I will be going there tomorrow afternoon and maybe even Friday morning.
6. Went to a friends to do laundry, shared a delicious meal with her family and another friend and her two young daughters (four of our adopted grand girls). The girls, ages 4, 6, and two 8 yr olds) have decided that if I am their Grammy then they must be cousins!
And came home to spend the rest of the evening with Ron. God blessed in so many ways: a sunny spring day, appointment canceled gave me free time to write, and lots of time visiting with friends and playing with grandkids given to us by the Lord! Who could ask for more…
Wishing all who read a blessed day!
Here are some pictures from Christopher’s 1st Birthday. Sorry they are a little foggy ~ it is definitely not easy keeping him from moving!
Max made the basketball cake for Christopher and he had lots of fun eating and playing in it.
I spent nine days in Boise with Brandon, Danalyn, Max and Christopher. The reason for the trip was to be with them to celebrate Christopher’s 1st Birthday. It is hard to believe that he is one already.
I spent the week watching the kids during the mornings while Danalyn worked and Brandon slept after working at Fed Ex each weekday. I was reminded of how much work a little one can be…diapers to be changed, cereal to be fed to, naps to allow Grammy to rest and then time to play Boggle with Max, watch the soaps, watched Hannah Montana, Zack & Cody, Witches of Wizardly Way or something like that…played a few games on Wii – this Grammy is too old to keep up with a 10 yr old who is constantly on the move and then add into the mix a one year old who just learned how to walk and takes after big brother’s love for sports…tossed balls, chased balls, and listened and played every musical toy in the house and oh yes, changing a diaper or two :).
It was fun to watch Christopher celebrate his birthday twice. The first on his birthday (3/24) we had a birthday dinner of meat loaf, mashed potatoes w/gravy and green beans and of course, birthday cake. Christopher didn’t seem to know what to do with the cake. All that would change by Friday when we did the family celebration – we were joined by Danalyn’s parents, sister and her family including cousins Jayden and Colton. Max and Grammy had made a basketball cake for Christopher and the room was decorated in all sorts of sport stuff. Well, Christopher enjoyed that specail birthday cake and wore it from head to toe. He scored big time by getting two basketball hoops – one was a musical one that he enjoyed as people cheered each and every time a basket was made, the second one is a two foot high hoop that will grow with him up to 5 ft. Not sure who had more fun with that one : Christopher, Daddy or Max!
The weekend ended on a much quieter note. Daddy, Mommy and Christopher went to Lewiston for three days so Grammy and Max had some special one on one time. We went to the movies and saw “Monsters vs Aliens” in 3D – hard to explain to Max how come Grammy can’t see 3D but it was still a good movie. On Sunday Grammy was treated to lunch at Chuck-a-rama by Max and then we spent the afternoon watching basketball. Go UNC!!!! And then we made a sneak trip to Fred Meyers and got some yummy Reeses peanut butter cups along with chips and cheese sauce – as we say Grammy LOVES Max and we had so much fun. Monday morning was kinda chaotic as Max got ready to go to school and I was busy preparing for the trip home.
It was a wonderful time in Boise but as usual it was good to get home.